Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Reminder...

I always wonder what God's plan is for my life. Being a teen I have a lot of time in front of me. I always ask God what is His will for me and if I can just know it. Though part of me doesn't want to know. *I'm not sure if I really want to know what God would do with me if He had complete control over my body and actions.
But I want to do His will...

I found this verse the other day when I was reading my devotional:

"If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and He will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask Him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything form the Lord. Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do."
James 1:5-8 NLT

Have you seriously considered doing God's will? Giving Him complete control to do whatever He wanted with you and your body? God gave himself totally up for us, why can't we give ourselves to Him?

Or is Satan whispering discouraging thoughts in our ear? Saying we can't do it. It's too hard. It's too dangerous. God has all the glory and the power. He can do with it what He sees is fit. Let God handle 'the cant's' and you can handle the 'I can's'.
To God alone be the Glory!
*Francias Chan says this at the Passion Conference in 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Have a blessed day.
"May you experince the love of Christ though it's so great you'll never fully understand it." NIV