Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Reward of Surrender

This is a pre-written post that I had written before I ever had a blog. I thought I would share it with you. I wrote it on May 2, 2010...

Seeing the title you may be asking, "Surrender is a reward?" What I mean by surrender is giving it up to God. “God in your timing and your plan.”

I’ve experienced that recently. I got email. Most of you are like. "Cool. I got mine years ago.”

Yeah well, It’s in God’s timing. I surrendered my dream to set up this blog. And getting my email was part of the blog thing. You have to have an email address to set up the blog. So now, again I’m waiting on God (trying to be patient) for starting my blog.

He has a plan and it will be fulfilled in His timing. Also we’ve wanted a dog for years, I didn’t specifically pray for one for a while. But my Mom found this really cool dog online at a shelter, she asked Dad and he said yes as long as the dog’s right for our family and he likes him.

First you need to know a little bit about my Dad. My dad doesn’t like animals, period. Well to be more specific: he does not like owning animals. So this is a miracle that we have a dog! I’m not sure how far away my blog is from being real. But today is May 2nd, 2010.

I kind of unknowingly surrendered the idea of having a dog. I just figured we’d get a dog one-day and that day probably won’t happen for a while. I REALLY WANTED A DOG!

Once I surrendered He gave it to us in His timing which I guaranty was better than mine!

I don’t know when I’ll get my blog, but know it’s up if you’re reading this. I know it will happen. It’s going to happen; in His timing.


That was a while ago... Yet I re-discovered that today. I was suddenly asked a big question that seemed to need to be answered right then. I didn't know what to do. I left the question un-answered, but I figured that God will decide. It's my future, but a future of living like Christ, So I trust Him and His decision. The Reward of Surrender. I felt it as soon as I released the decision to Him.
To God alone be the glory.
Ps. Did you notice that my first post was on May 15th 2010! God is amazing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Have a blessed day.
"May you experince the love of Christ though it's so great you'll never fully understand it." NIV