Saturday, July 10, 2010

Lessons From the Titanic

I watched Titanic last night, and yes it was a very good movie. It made me think and ask questions. Like Why did God allow the ship to sink? Why did God have all those innocent people die?

They challenged God and lost, "Even God himself cannot sink this ship." God hears and sees everything, He is all-powerful and He needed to remind these high-and-mighty people that.

But why God? Why? For My glory. That's all that matters. Everybody dies. They all just died in a tragic way.

And the Bible says they are without excuse, everybody at one point in life will know or knows there is a God. They all had a chance to go to heaven. It's just sad that they all died in such tragic ways.

If you haven't watched or read a historical fiction book on the Titanic, you won't get it as much. I knew Titanic sank and I knew thousands of people died, and I know it was a very tragic thing that happend. But it didn't hit home to me, until I watched the movie.

It's for God's glory, and that's all that matters. Thank God, he didn't kill us all. God is a just and faithful God. We don't need to understand all the why's and the how's. We need to trust God almighty, all-powerful, creator of the universe, lover of our souls.

It's hard to understand how this could happen or why God could allow such a horrible thing to happen. But that is where faith comes in. And death is not the end of life; it is only the begging.
To God alone be the Glory!

2 comments:

  1. HEYYY! I watched that last night too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. It really made me think and hit me hard.
    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Have a blessed day.
"May you experince the love of Christ though it's so great you'll never fully understand it." NIV