Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Halloween. Oh Boy. -Part One

Yep. Halloween is just around the corner. I'm excited. It's just a harmless holiday.

Yikes! What am I saying! It's not harmless!

You've just started reading and you're thinking, "If this against Halloween I'm out of here!"

Well hold your horses! Let me ask you a few questions first.


  • What do you think God thinks about Halloween?

  • Does it bring Glory to God?

  • Or does it totally disregard what He says?

  • Are we honoring God by this holiday?

  • Or are we honoring the Devil?

  • Who's holiday is it? God's, or the Devil's?

Well I'm not going to answer those questions for you. You should figure that out on your own. Here are some more Halloween questions-



  • What's wrong with tick or treating? Candy isn't bad.

  • What's wrong with dressing up? Not everybody dresses bad.

  • What's wrong with Halloween? Everybody does it. Even Christians.

  • Why can't I dress up like a witch? Dressing up isn't bad. It's not like I'm evil.

Well, your right. There is nothing wrong with trick or treating, or dressing up as a witch, or Halloween. There are also never any fights on Halloween nobody gets hurt and nobody's candy gets stolen...

Yikes! Here I go again.

I will answer one of my questions; Halloween is the Devil's holiday. We are dressing evil, doing evil and and celebrating evil. God hates sin. Sin is Evil. The Devil is Evil.

See what I am saying? Hallow actually comes from the word 'holy'. It means "to make holy; to consecrate; to set apart for holy or religious use; to reverence; to honor as sacred."

Believe me, God is not is fooled by the title of this holiday. We cannot hide behind it. We, by doing Halloween are worshiping the Devil.

"Men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil."

John 3:19 NIV

How does God feel when we celebrate this holiday? Are we bring glory to our just and merciful Savior? Make you're own decision about this holiday. You already know mine.

To God alone be the Glory.

(Part Two will be posted on October 23.)

2 comments:

  1. This is a very brave post! My family has always celebrated it, but I've never liked it, and always thought it was pointless. I can eat candy without all the other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. Yes it is, but I will stand up for what I beilieve in. Thanks for reading and commenting even though you might not agree with me!
    To God alone be the glory!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Have a blessed day.
"May you experince the love of Christ though it's so great you'll never fully understand it." NIV