Friday, January 21, 2011

Faith

A friend had a sever stroke last week. I didn't know him that well. But I knew he was a really good friend to my Grandparents and my Mom.

We had been reading Why Pray? yesterday and this verse was in it,
"Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree for anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven."
Matthew 18:19
So my sister and I had decided to pray for him to be up and walking by today. We prayed and prayed and prayed. Then today Mom told us that he had passed. What?
I am so confused does it not say "Ask and you shall receive?" in Matthew 7:7? And in John 14:14
"You may ask me for anything in my name and I will do it."

"I don't get it?" I asked. I feel like God has failed me; but I am sure it was for His righteous purpose. I don't get it, but I accept it. I guess that is the meaning of faith: stepping out into the unknown, trusting the unseen, believing in the one true God who is all powerful.

Maybe it was my faith: not trusting. I admit I didn't think He would get up and walk, but I did believe He'd perhaps open His eyes or say something. I know I have used this verse before, but I am going to use it again.

"But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."
James 1:6

I do have faith in this: God has a plan and it is perfect. It may not be what I want or thought, but it is perfect. God is perfect; in Him I will trust.
To God alone be the Glory forever and ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Have a blessed day.
"May you experince the love of Christ though it's so great you'll never fully understand it." NIV