Monday, January 3, 2011

Pity Party

A pity party; I just had one. Why? Cause I feel bad for myself. But there are other people out there with more worry and more fears than I. Worry if they will eat, drink or die. I worry about insignificant things.
God will provide for us. It is better to instead push aside our pity party and instead praise God for all He has done.

There is nothing in this world we need. Only Christ and his unfailing love. We should reach for higher things. We should pursue heavenly things. It's a New Year, there are more coming. We have a short time here on earth, but we have eternity in heaven. I don't want to waste my little time here. We have so little time to do the Lord's will here and what we do here defines our eternal destiny.

"Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart my fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
Psalm 73:25-26

We will have treasure in heaven or not. God loves and forgives us and he puts circumstances in our lives to shape us.
Praise be to God for His unfailing love and mercy!
To God alone be the Glory!

2 comments:

  1. I love the verse! I also am in awe of the wisdom God has given you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, God has blessed me with His wisdom. :) Thanks, for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Have a blessed day.
"May you experince the love of Christ though it's so great you'll never fully understand it." NIV