Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Journal Entry



I am going to paint a picture for you; by words...

I am on a beach, sitting on a rock. My shadow stretches out seven feet in front of me. The ocean is dark blue and light blue in places. I hear the cascading sound of the waves gently splashing along the shore.
The sand is a tanned brown, darkened by the receding water. I can see the grains of sand as they sparkle in the setting sun. I see my footsteps to this rock walking in a strait line till they disappear from view.

I see little birds, Sandpipers, running swiftly along the waters edge, they flutter their wings and take off. The horizon is a very soft light blue that deepens as you look upward into the vast sky that is dotted with fluffy white clouds.

I wiggle my toes and feel the grains of sand between them. There is no one near by- it's just me and God's creation...

Later,

My rock is like a rough black stool with green tough yarn-like seaweed attached to the bottom. There are a few snails on my rock and some small pearl-white barnacles jutting out from one side of the rock.
A fly runs across the sand passing my foot. A snail's trail wanders near my rock as a slight wind blows; ruffling my pages. How can they say God doesn't exist?

Later,

My shadow walks beside me now, as the sun warms my back and salt water reach my toes. The Sea glitters like glass...
I now have the word to describe the feeling I had as I walked beside the sea...
Peace.

God must be laughing as we run stressed through our chaotic lives. He's in control and here all the time waiting to embrace us. Look at all the beauty around you? Do you forget to look as you're running by? God created it all just for us. And the most beautiful and amazing thing is God is more beautiful than the most beautiful thing and/or person in the whole universe.
Wow.
To God alone be the Glory!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! You are a gifted writer Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I took the picture myself. :) Pretty isn't it? God's amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Have a blessed day.
"May you experince the love of Christ though it's so great you'll never fully understand it." NIV