Friday, June 11, 2010

God Deserves More

Sometimes I forget what life is all about. I always assume it's about me. (If you don't believe me ask my mom.) It's about God and sadly, we often forget that.

Everything that has ever happened or will happen is for His glory. And that is all that matters. We aren't on this earth to please ourselves, (as much as we wish) we're here to please God. There are plenty of things to please us, and we are so busy pleasing ourselves we don't stop to praise and please the one who created us with that ability.

God deserves more than we can give Him. Yet we give Him less than what we have. And whatever we have, He has given us. We deserve punishment for our sins. Jesus didn't, yet He died for us. I don't think It's right that He paid the ultimate sacrifice for us and if He's lucky we pray over dinner or go to church once a month.

God deserves way more than we give Him. The only reason we are here on this earth is because of Him and for Him. To bring Glory to God and do what He wants us to do. God doesn't want lukewarm Christians, He wants Christians that are on fire for Him!

Revelation 3:15-16

I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm-neither hot nor cold-I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

God deserves more honor, respect, praise, and glory then we give Him. I don't know about you, but I for one, do not want to be spit out of God's mouth because I did things for Him half-heartedly or out of obligation. The world is not about us- It's about Jesus Christ.
To God alone be the Glory.

2 comments:

  1. I agree; I don't want to be lukewarm either. Good food for thought, thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Have a blessed day.
"May you experince the love of Christ though it's so great you'll never fully understand it." NIV