Thursday, June 3, 2010

Purity

Purity is more than a word. It is a commitment to stay pure. Purity of heart, mind, soul, thoughts, and relationships, that is what I pray for myself and others each morning.

Today I want to talk about Purity in/with relationships with guys/girls. This is the way I see it:

Are you ready to get married right now? If your answer is no, I advise you to wait to date.

I don't date. I court.

Hold on a sec I'm not done! I see you moving that cursor away!

Many people don't understand what courting is or they think they know what is. Courting has the same plan as dating: find you're future husband. Although in courting you don't float around from guy to guy (or girl to girl) breaking hearts, and playing the game of dating.

Whenever I say I don't date, I court, people say: I'd never do that! Then I ask them why and they say: 'Cause.

I court because I want to find the perfect man for me and save myself for him. When you date it's kind of like playing with feelings. At 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, maybe even 17 you probably aren't ready to get married.

The fact is: You're going to break up. Being teens we don't know who we are yet. We're in this awkward stage between kid and adult and we don't know which category to be in. Are feelings are all over the place. One minute I'm laughing the next I'm crying. I don't even know why! My Mom tells me two very important things:

  1. Don't let your emotions rule you.
  2. Don't listen to your emotions, they lie.

Courting, is preparing yourself for your husband (or wife), keeping yourself pure. If you fall in love with every guy/girl you see, what do you think is going to happen when you finally find the one and they know all about your other relationships?

I love God and God thinks this issue is important. Therefore so do I. Therefore, so should you.

To God alone be the Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Have a blessed day.
"May you experince the love of Christ though it's so great you'll never fully understand it." NIV