Sunday, June 6, 2010

Twilight: Not A Fan

Sorry to all you Twilight lovers out there, but I'm not a fan. Whoa! Wait a second before you judge me.
Playing with evil is not good. Vampire's are evil. Demonic.

In other words do you think God would be pleased if He saw you reading or watching Twilight? I don't think so. Yet He knows you're doing it. God hates evil, vampires and warewolves are evil, God wants us to be like Him, pure; hating evil. So why are we doing something that God clearly does not like?

Psalm 26:9

Do not take my soul along with sinners, my life with bloodthirsty men.

If anything I don't think Twilight is building up our Christian Faith. I think it is tearing it down. Vampires: bloodthirsty men are evil. God hates evil.

Proverbs 29:10

Bloodthirsty men hate a man of integrity and seek to kill the upright.

He wants us to run from evil. Vampires and warewolves are evil. God tells us to flee from evil. HELLO?

1Timothy 6:11

But you, man fo God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endorance and gentleness.

If you (like me) do not like Twilight, I want you to tell me through a comment. I know I'm not the only one who doesn't like it.

If you like Twilight you can comment as well. As I like to say- "What is my Faith good for, If it isn't tested once in a while?"

But I challange everyone reading this, not to stop watching and reading Twilight, but to think and dwell upon what God thinks of it, and if it brings glory to Him. And if you decide to keep reading it and watching it that's fine. I'm just glad you thought about it first.
So I challange you to ask this question, "What does God think?"

Go ahead and tell me what you came up with.
To God alone be the glory.

4 comments:

  1. I think that the challenge you pose with your readers is a good one. It's good to stop and consider why we do things and what we are sowing into our lives.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I try to think will this will tear down my Faith if I do it, watch it, or read it? Thanks for commenting! I value everyones opinion on this subject.
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really like Twilight, in fact I feel the same way. I have kinda kept quiet about it, because everyone is always like
    'NOOOOO' but you know how that goes! I totally agree with your arguements. As one who has actually read the book, I can say that it left me not feeling fufilled....instead it left me wanting. It did nothing that I could see to glorify the Lord :)
    But anyways...tis very encouraging to have people who have the same beliefs and convictions! The world can get you very down, and that it what friends in Christ are for ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you Graysie! Thanks so much for commenting. God gave us friends to build us up, and encourage us to stand strong in our Faith. Thanks again!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Have a blessed day.
"May you experince the love of Christ though it's so great you'll never fully understand it." NIV